Terms & Conditions - Dreamway Destinations or their representatives’ act as coordinator / agents for hotels, transportations companies and others service providers like transportation, vehicles or accommodations or other related services while exercising the finest possible services and care.
Dreamway Destinations or their agents shall not be liable or responsible for irregularity, loss, injury, damage to person, property or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation, trekking or other services resulting directly or indirectly for nature’s act or acts of government machinery breakdown or fire, civil disturbances, strikes, thefts, etc. Neither are we responsible for any damage of equipment, cancellations of changes in schedules beyond our control. Dreamway Destinations and their associates do not accept any responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in plans caused in such cases. Guest should have to pay in actual. We try our level best to help our guest and advice accordingly and extend all possible help.
Hotels – We select hotels as per their services. We have tie up with various hotels of the region and generally select hotels which are decent and as per the price quoted by our Guest. In case guest wants to avail any other hotels of their own choice the amount has to be paid by the guest on spot. In cases of non - availability of the desired / opted hotel, we reserves the right to transfer to another hotel of similar standard as mentioned in our quotation. Generally the check out time is 12 Noon for all hotels and can be extended on special request and the hotel booking conditions. Please contact the Manager for extension for couple of hours in advance. Tariff are subject to change without prior notice at the time of seasonal review or annually.Additional stay in the hotel will be on guests account.
Hotels - For Child Rate
· Below 5 years will be complimentary
· 5+ to 10 sharing parent’s room will be Child With or Without Bed
· 05+ years will be equivalent to adult rate
Hotel Accommodation and their Food Plan - There are various service or plan provided by us regarding accommodations. Some hotels offer guests the option of being on the European Plan (EP), Continental Plan (CP), American Plan (AP), Modified American Plan (MAP) or La carte for food consumed during one's stay at resort, hotel, etc. We add another part as AI or All Inclusive so that guest does not have to pay the service Tax, Luxury Tax etc. Hotels as per the rules in India has to pay 10% Service taxes, 5% Luxury taxes which is waived when guest check through us. Generally breakfast is self-serve but many hotels have a waiter available to pour and refill beverages or attend you during that period. Though there is no fee for breakfast when you stay in a hotel on the continental plan or any of the plans, it's considerate to leave small TIPS if you've been served by a waiter. I or my colleagues interrupt it as To Insure Prompt Service (TIPS)
European Plan All Inclusive (EPAI or EP) - This is abbreviated as EPAI in hotel listings and AI implies all taxes are inclusive i.e. Service Tax, Luxury tax, etc. It implies that the accommodations include breakfast. In the Continental Plan breakfast are provided by the hotel. EP indicates that the quoted rate is strictly for lodging and does not include any meals. All food provided by the hotel is billed separately. Taxes and tips are usually additional as well. The advantage of European Plan (EP) is that it encourages guests to try a variety of restaurant experiences and guest can often save money by eating at establishments that charge less than the hotel dining room or if the guest / tourist generally on a sight seeing tour for the day hence can manage or have their lunch or dinner on the way at any restaurant and need not come back to the hotel for food.
Continental Plan All Inclusive (CPAI or CP) - This is abbreviated as CPAI in hotel listings and AI implies all taxes are inclusive i.e. Service Tax, Luxury tax, etc. It implies that the accommodation includes breakfast. In the Continental Plan breakfast are provided by the hotel. Any other food provided by the hotel is billed separately. Taxes and tips for food are usually additional as well. Even sometimes abbreviated as CP in hotel listings, indicates that the quoted rate includes a continental breakfast. A continental breakfast normally consists of coffee or tea, fruit juice or soft drink and bread. The bread may be as simple as a loaf or freshly baked croissants, scones, and muffins. Some hotels / resort have facilities of yogurt and fresh fruit may also be available. The Continental Plan breakfast generally does not include cooked foods, such as pancakes or eggs but in India Chapatti or Puri with curry etc are served with Tea.
Modified American Plan All Inclusive (MAPAI or MAP) - This is abbreviated as MAPAI in hotel listings and AI implies all taxes are inclusive i.e. Service Tax, Luxury tax, etc. It implies that the accommodations includes two meals a day, including breakfast and either lunch or dinner. In the Modified American plan, these meals are provided by the hotel. Any other food provided by the hotel is billed separately. Taxes and tips for food are usually additional as well. It is advisable for the guest to talk to the concern hotel on arrival regarding the choices the hotel has for lunch or dinner. This plan is advantageous to the tourist as they are generally on a sight seeing tour for the day hence can manage or have their lunch or dinner on the way at any restaurant and need not come back to the hotel for food.
American Plan All Inclusive (APAI or AP) - This are abbreviations as APAI in hotel listings and AI implies All taxes are inclusive i.e. Service Tax, Luxury tax, etc. It implies that the accommodations include two meals a day, including breakfast. In the American plan, these meals are provided by the hotel. Travelers choosing a hotel in a remote location where there are not many restaurants — or none at all — need to stay at a hotel that offers at least a Modified American plan. Any other food provided by the hotel is billed separately. Taxes and tips for food are usually additional as well. Guest choosing a hotel in a remote location like North Sikkim where there are not many restaurants — or none at all — has to stay at a hotel that offers all food. It is advisable for the guest to talk to the concern hotel on arrival regarding the choices the hotel has for lunch or dinner.
People - Sikkimese are a happy bunch of people. They are deeply religious minded and warm hospitality. One must not have seen so many smiles at a time…ever. People mostly speak in Nepali, English, Hindi, Bhutia (Sikkimese), Bhutia (Tibetan), Lepcha, and Limboo. They are peace loving people and the state offers you a truly unique visitor experience.
Dress - Sikkim & Darjeeling is a hilly area & change is weather is a regular happening. Nights are cold and the sunshine is very bright during the day hence cap, sunglasses are necessary. It is advisable that light layer clothing should be carried through out the year but in winters it is advisable to carry heavy woolen. It generally rains heavily during monsoon. Rest of the year it rains anytime so it is advisable to keep an umbrella.
Transport - Vehicle used might change sector wise. Vehicle can also be at your disposals as per your requirement. The vehicle provided by us are suppose to travel Point to Point as per the rules of the region. From Stand Taxi has to be availed to go to hotels. We try our level best to get our guest to the hotels in the same vehicle but it is not possible always.
Vehicle parking - Most of the Hill station are facing acute shortage of space hence parking is a problem. Most of the areas are restricted to entry of vehicle or specific time is allotted for entries. Guests are requested to follow the time strictly. In case of delays the vehicle will have to leave the hotel area without the guest & parked in a parking area. In such case the guest will have to bear transit expenses in a Local Taxi
Water - Scarcity of water & electricity is a problem in this North East Indian sector. It will not be problems for guest but please be aware of it. Everybody buys water for daily use. Hence certain hotels have fixed time of supplying hot & cold water and will be notified on arrival in each hotel.
Sightseeing - Sightseeing points can be changed or cancelled as they remains closed on state government or national holidays or due to bandh etc. Alternate arrangement can be made if possible. We take care of such closure and plan accordingly and inform the amendment. No refund in case of last minute cancellation. As these amounts is paid in advance for bookings. Yet we will try to minimize the charges with all our contacts and with our sincere effort.
Natural Calamity - Landslide is a common happening in hilly areas. Though the roads are motor able only after few hours of any such natural calamity hence it is advisable to travel as per the schedule given. We always keep some time and set the timings accordingly. Border Road Organization (BRO) maintains the road and it is always repair on war footings basis. Guest has to bear the cost of any such natural happenings and diversion that is required. We will try our level best to guide all options available.
Bandhs / Strikes – Dreamway Destinations is not responsible for any strikes or Bandhs called by organization or political party. We try to advise our guest to take no risk and reschedule the Itinerary if we sense any such intention. In such cases guest have to stay in the nearest resort / hotel or lodges. Arrangement will be made by us but the cost in actual has to be paid by the guest.
Restricted places - Voter’s ID card is required for visit to such are. It is subject availability of permits as only limited permits are issued 48 hour prior to the schedule tour. Nathu La remains closed to tourist on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. There is an environment tax of Rs. 250.00 per head for Nathu La pass visit. It may close anytime for security reasons and the amount is not refundable.
Foreigners - Encashment certificate is required for Foreigners visiting India and valid passports, visas, photographs, and related documents are also necessary for smooth operations. In some states there are provisions of Restricted Area Permit and Protected Area Permits for the foreigners. Foreigners are requested to deliver their proper documents to get the permits needed.
Late Arrival / Unscheduled Extensions - Any arrivals after 18.00 hours i.e. 6 P M. must be reported in advance for necessary arrangement and action.
Refunds and Unused services - No refunds will be made for no - shows, or any unused services. We accept no liability for changes, omissions or delays before or during the course of any sanctioned or agreed tour. We can try our level best to adjust minor change if possible.
Breakaways following Departure - While it is possible for the passenger to break away from planned itineraries. Extra expenses incurred as a result of such a breakaway will be for the travelers account and the cost involved will depend upon the package.
Travel Documents - Documents like vouchers, itineraries, etc. are only prepared on receipt of full payment of the package price, currency declarations and hotel booking copies if requested. Documents will be ready for collection 48 hours after full payment has been received or two days before the start of journey. A copy of Itinerary will be posted by E mail and a copy will be handed over on arrival to guest at Siliguri. Hotel or transportation Vouchers are not transferable without our knowledge and once issued are non - refundable.
Passports, Visas, Vaccinations and Inoculations - Responsibility to obtain proper, current and valid passports, visas, vaccinations, inoculations and the like, where required, is that of the Guest / traveler alone. Dreamway Destinations will not be responsible or liable for any consequence of any nature arising from the customer failing to ensure that he / she has complied with all such requirements. But we will extend any help if it is within our known circle.
Booking of Packages - All bookings are subjected to advance deposit of the 50% of the package amount and will be confirmed in writing upon receiving your request over email or FAX and are non - refundable on all late bookings. Full payment (Package or Component) is due immediately on confirmation. Some of the bookings will require full payment at the time of reservation i.e. prior to confirmation.
Payment Options – 100 Percent payments for any booking are to be made at the booking office before commencement of the packages / journey. No voucher will be issued without full payment. Please note that we do not accept cash deposition in the bank accounts mentioned below
- Transfer Amount Online or Deposit Local Cheque / Demand Draft at any Branch / ATM of The Federal Bank Limited, India in favour of "Dreamway Destinations", Account Number 14380200003432, SILIGURI (IFSC Code - FDRL 0001438)
- Send the Demand Draft / Local Cheque in favor of "Dreamway Destinations" payable at "SILIGURI" to the address below VIA post/courier.
Cancellation Charges – Cancellation will attract a sum of Rs 2500.00 minimum during normal period and 4500.00 during peak season April, May, June, September, October & December for Family in Tour(FIT). The cancellation charges are as follows for Family
30 Days prior to Arrival : Rs. 2500.00 / Rs. 4500.00
07 Days prior to Arrival : 20 - 40% of total tour cost
03 Days prior to Arrival : 40 - 60% of total tour cost
02 Days prior to Arrival : 80% of total tour cost
Cancellation Charges for Group – Cancellation will attract a sum of 25% of the Tour / Package Cost during normal period and 50 % during peak season April, May, June, September, October & December. The cancellation charges are as follows
30 Days prior to Arrival : 25 % of the total Tour / Package Cost
15 Days prior to Arrival : 26 % - 40% of the total Tour / Package Cost
07 Days prior to Arrival : 41 % - 60 % of total tour / Package Cost
03 Days prior to Arrival : 61 % - 80 % of total tour / Package Cost
02 Days prior to Arrival : 95 % of total tour / Package Cost
These amount are subjected to various other factors beyond our control. For Example Air Tickets or vehicle brought from Kathmandu, Thimpu etc will take the full amount on cancellations. Yet we try our Level best to minimise the cost of cancellation
Cancellation - We are not responsible for tour cancellation due to Force Majeure clause (Expenses / Cancellations incurred due to natural disasters like mishaps, landslide, strikes, political unrest etc.) Additional expenses incurred due to Force Majeure Clause shall be borne by the guest on actual. Guest should have to pay in actual in such cases though we try our level best to help our guest and advice accordingly and extend all possible help.
Please note: Cancellation charges will be subject advance paid to hotel and vehicle provider and those who are engaged in arranging the itinerary and we will try all out to keep the amount at it lowest possible value. This depends on the system and not us alone.
Re Scheduling – Rescheduling of booked tour will be treated as Cancellation. But minor amendments can be made on the payment of a communication charge of Rs. 2500.00 / Rs. 4500.00 actually raised by the providers, which may vary as the case may be.
Refund - Refund against reduction in the number of days tour and cancellations well in advance will be paid backed to the account from where the payment is made. It might take 15 days from our side and more in peak season. There is no refund for any unutilized services example – meals, entrance fee, optional, hotel, sightseeing, transportation (surface / air). All refund made will be in Indian Rupee.
Vehicle Policy - Vehicles for visiting Rishyap, North Sikkim, Sight Seeing at Pelling, Darjeeling, Gangtok has to be local vehicle hence the transfer vehicle is seperate. The cost for sight seeing vehicle is included in the package cost. North Sikkim has limited vehicle and has to be booked at Gangtok or booked through us in advance. The payment varies as per season. To reach Rishyap, one has to hire vehicle from Lava and again come back by the local vehicle. Guest has to pay the drivers allowances of INR 300 per day directly.
About Hotel ; Hotels of these region has few rules of their own. Government Approved i.e. Ministry of Tourism approved star hotels are non existent. Hotels have their own standard and we grade them as Budget, Standard, Deluxe, Luxury, Comfort, etc. The rules are given below in brief and are flexible as per the request of the guest
- Check-in 13:00 hrs. / Check-out time is 11:00 hrs.
- The tourism infrastructure in Sikkim & Darjeeling is not very developed and one should not expect or compare it with the standards of plains & other developed destinations there is always scarcity of water and power in the region and so you would come across situation like water (hot) being supplied on time basis – morning & evening.
- Room Heater available with an extra cost bourne by the guest directly (Except at Super Luxury , Luxury , Heritage Premium & Classic categories)
- Category of Rooms in the packages normally remains to deluxe Room .
- Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced if asked by hotel.
- A valid photo ID proof for all guests staying at the hotel is mandatory.
- For Extra adult in the room we will provide an extra bed (wherever possible), but most of the hotels only provide extra mattress or roll out bed. Most of the hotels have no provision of an extra bed.
- Operator reserves the right to re-arrange itinerary to suit hotel availability without changing the total number of days in each destination and without compromising any services.
- In the area (almost all) the hotels do not have a lift facility and in all the hotels the guest will have to climb stairs. In case if any guest is having problem of blood pressure, knee or other ailment for which they cannot climb the higher floors they will have to intimate us during the time of booking so that we can arrange rooms at the lowest floor of the hotel enabling the guest to climb the minimum number of stairs possible.
- 03 points include Tiger Hill, Ghoom Monastery, Batasia Loop (3 hrs trip start at 04.00 a.m. to 7.00a.m)
- 07 points include Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, Tenzing Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self-help Centre, Tea Estate (outer view), Ava art Gallery and Japanese temple, Peace Pagoda (4 hrs from 9.00 to 13.00 hrs).
Optional sightseeing with additional cost
- Mirik Lake (Included in 3Nts Darjeeling pacakge), Nepal Border & Pasupati Market (Nepal)
- Rock Garden (04 hrs approx) (4 hrs from 9.00 to 13.00 hrs or 14.00 hrs to 18.00 hrs)
- Cable Car, Joy ride in toy train cost Rs 350 per ticket & Rs 500 for vehicle (Hotel – station – Hotel transfer)
- Half Day include Banzakhri Falls, Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, Flower show, Dro-dul Chorten & Institute of Tibetology. (Timing : 09.00 hrs to 13.00 hrs) Full Day include Tashi view point, Ganesh Tok & Hanuman Tok, Ranka Monastery, Banjakhri Falls, Cottage Industry, Dro-dul Chorten, Institute of Tibetology, Flower show and Handicraft Centre. (Timing : 09.00 hrs to 17.00 hrs).
- Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir (Full day trip from 08.00a.m. to 03.00 p.m.)
Optional sightseeing with additional cost
- 03 points include Tashi view point, Ganesh Tak & Hanuman Tak (not covered in any of the Itinerary)
- Saramsa Garden, Smile Land Amusement Park. Rumtek Monastery & Lingdum Monastery , Nathula Pass (Indo-China Border) opens only on Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat & sun (if permit is available) , Aritar Lake.Temi Tea Garden, Samdruptse & Chardham. Enchey Monastery, Cable Car (Rope way) & Zoo.
- 1st Half tour - Darap village, Khangchendzonga water falls, Sewaro Rock Garden, Rimbi water Falls & Khachoedpalri Lake (09.00 hrs to 12.30 hrs) 2nd Half tour - Pemayangtse Monastery, Rabdantse Ruins, New Halipad Ground. (13.30 hrs to 17.00 hrs)
Optional sightseeing with additional cost
- 2nd Half tour - Changey Waterfalls, Dentam Valley, Singshore Bridge. Excursion to Yuksom for full day. In Yuksom you can visit Tashi Namgyel Stone & Dubdi Monastery by walking. Ravangla & Namchi full day tour - Temi Tea Garden, Samdruptse, Ralang Monastery, Borong Monastery & Chardham. In Pelling one has to go by walk for Rabdantse & Sangacholing monastery.
- Full day tour covering Mangal Dham, Hanuman Top, Dello Hill, Pine View Nursery, Dr. Grahams Home, Nature interpretation center, Golf course, Denzong parli Buddhist monastery, Kali Temple and Zelepla View point.
Optional sightseeing with additional cost
- Lava & Lolegaon (7 hrs approx, start from 8.00 hrs to 1600 hrs). Pedong
- Science City White River Rafting in Teesta River.
- Yumthang Valley & Hot Spring.
Optional sightseeing with additional cost
- Katao Valley, Zero Point (Yumesumdong)
- Chopta Valley, Thangu Valley
- 01 Jungle safari in Jaldapara National Park
- 01 Jungle watch tower visit (Gorumara National Park / Chapramari Wildlife Sanctuary)
- Jhalong, Bindu, Jaldhaka Hydel Project, Samsing, Suntalekhola & Murti River Side
Optional sightseeing with additional cost
- Leopord Conservation Center
- Phuensholling (Bhutan)
- Chapramari or Totopara
- Cooch Behar Palace (Cooch Behar)
- Activities like Birding, Angling, Fishing, Cycling or Biking, Village tour, etc
- River Rafting can be arranged while traveling from Darjeeling to Kalimpong / Gangtok, Kalimpong – Gangtok, Gangtok – New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP) / Bagdogra Airport (IXB)
- Cost: INR 500 per Guest on sharing + vehicle detention charge of INR 100 per hour
- Cost: With river side lunch INR 650 per Guest + vehicle detention charge of INR 600 for a minimum of 8 paying Guest is required
- The put-in point for rafting on river Teesta starts from Melli and ends at 29th mile approx 10 kilometres
- The entire activity takes around 3 hours.
- We provide: Head gears, paddles, life jacket, professional rafting guide, proper bathroom with towels for shower.
Note for Nathu La Pass & North Sikkim: Nathu La operation is subject to road condition and availability of permits. As only limited permits are issued 48 hour prior to the schedule tour. Nathu La pass is closed on Monday and Tuesday to Tourist. It might be closed any day without notice for security reasons. In such case tour will only be till Tsomgo / Tshangu Lake and no refund will be allowed for unutilized services. Nathu La Pass tour is conducted officially on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Only (closed on Monday & Tuesday). For Nathu La Rs. 250 per head Environment Tax is applicable. We have to apply for the permits days before the tourist reaches the site, hence some amount is blocked in it.
Supplement for Nathu La Pass will be (INR 4500 – INR 7000 or more per vehicle) by Tata sumo / Mahindra Maxx For Nathu La Pass only 08 guest are allowed per vehicle.
Kindly forward the following for Tsomgo / Tshangu Lake / Baba Mandir / Nathu La, Permit 10 - 15 days prior to the Journey. Nathu La Pass is optional and one has to inform us at least 15 days in advance.
1 or ½ day sightseeing is arranged for guest and it might not cover all the points planned if you do not stick to the time. It is planned to cover only some of the major tourist attractions. Please be informed that the time frame is to be planned as per the advice of the driver. We generally brief them before the trip, hence please cooperate.
People availing the services to Nathu La Pass, Tsomgo Lake / Changu Lake & North Sikkim (Lachung, Yumthang Excursion, Yumesamdong (Zero Point), Lachen, Chopta Valley & Gurudongmar Excursion) are requested to bring along the following
- 04 Passport size photograph of each member travelling whether Adult or Children with their name written behind each photograph
- Photo ID proof in original of each member travelling whether Adult or Children and Photocopy of the same
Lachung operates on package only. All the Tours starts from Gangtok and ends at Gangtok and is on Full Board (Includes all Meals).
Lachung Tour Starts from Lachung Stand – The transportation from Hotel to Lachung Stand are generally included in our package. But it is not compulsory.
North Sikkim Vehicle is fixed for one night two days, two nights three days or three nights four days. There will be supplement cost for upgrading the vehicle and for extra sightseeing
For North Sikkim Packages – Roads may be blocked due to snow or landslides but there is no refund for unused services or cancellation. Hence we inform guest while booking the time and periods during which such incident happens like in Peak winter (Due to Snowfall) and monsoon (15th May to 15 October)